Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease and Associated Risk Factors the Simple and Natural Way
Learn techniques for balancing blood pressure, establishing good cholesterol, balancing weight and reducing stress for maintaining healthy arteries.
Heart disease is the #1 threat to your health today. It kills more people than the next 16 causes of death combined.1 There is a good chance that either you or someone you love suffers from the conditions that lead to heart disease or experience risk factors like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, chronic stress and diabetes.
Modern medicine focuses only on replacing the parts and treating the symptoms while ignoring the underlying causes of heart disease. The Heart Health program provides a comprehensive approach to the prevention and treatment of heart disease that considers diet, lifestyle, and individual body type. It is based on the principles and programs of Maharishi Ayurveda, the world’s oldest and most time-tested and scientifically authenticated system of natural medicine.
In this five-lesson Heart Health course, you will:
- understand the basic anatomy and physiology of the heart and the connection of heart disease to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stress, diabetes, obesity, and numerous other risk factors
- learn what your mind-body type is and discover how that type may increase your risk for cardiovascular disease
- learn how to tailor your diet and lifestyle to your individual type and seasonal needs
- receive recipes including spice mixes, herbal teas, and home remedies that strengthen the heart and help keep your cholesterol, blood pressure, and weight in check
- learn how to reduce mental, emotional, and physical stress and how to modify your behavior to improve your relationships and keep the emotional heart healthy
Whether you want to prevent heart disease or reverse it in yourself or in a family member or loved one, this course offers a completely new understanding and practical approach that will create a major transformation in your health and total well-being.
Dean • Chair • Professor of Physiology and Health • Co-Director of the PhD Program in Physiology • Director, Institute for Natural Medicine and Prevention
Robert Schneider, MD, is one of the leading authorities in the world on natural approaches to the treatment and prevention of heart disease. For the past 30 years, Dr. Schneider has researched, practiced and taught integrative medicine based on the principles of Maharishi Ayurveda. He is the principal author of the textbook for the course: Total Heart Health.
Adjunct Associate Professor • Maharishi College of Perfect Health, Maharishi University of Management
Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar is a world-renowned Ayurvedic physician and educator from India born of a traditional Rig-Vedic family. He holds a MD in Ayurvedic Medicine, with a Gold Medal from the prestigious Pune University in India. He is an accomplished Ayurvedic physician who has traveled worldwide popularizing Maharishi Ayurveda, setting up clinics, designing courses and training health professionals.
Dr. Kshirsagar is currently the Director of Ayurvedic Healing and Integrative Wellness Clinic in Santa Cruz, California. He is an internationally acclaimed motivational speaker, experienced clinician, researcher and an insightful medical astrologer, who adds tremendous value to his clients and students alike.
1. American Heart Association. Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics-2006 Update. Dallas, TX: www.americanheart.org (Jan 2006)