The joys and benefits of cooking using Ayurvedic principles are explored in this MUM Distance Education course: Ayurvedic Cooking for Perfect Health. The basics of ayurvedic food selection and preparation are demonstrated in a 10-lesson course that includes step-by-step video instructions, recipes, and an explanation of the benefits that each meal bestows. Ayurvedic experts and master chefs discuss the best ingredients, cooking techniques, and recipes for a balanced vegetarian diet.
Maharishi AyurVeda® is a holistic system of health and healing. Utilizing the laws of nature, it aims to create health and balance in the mind and body. Food is an important aspect of this system and this course explores how to improve and maintain good health by cooking and eating delicious Ayurvedic meals.
This course includes video instructions on:
- how to use food to balance the three different mind-body types (doshas)
- how to use all six tastes in each meal to curb cravings
- how to adjust your cooking to seasonal changes
- how to improve your digestion with food and spices
- and much more
- Guidelines for Optimum Digestion
- Spinach Panir, Rice, and Laddu with Pathu Nayagar
- Stuffed Zucchini with Herbal Green Sauce with Chef Mangal
- Expert Interview with Dr. Paul Morehead: Digestion in Ayurveda
- Interview with Laurie Baumann: The Maharishi School Seed to Table program
- Bonus Recipe for Cilantro-Cashew Chutney